As if I needed more reasons LOL
That being said, here are seven known benefits of reading:
- Reading can increase knowledge.
- Reading can help you relax and reduce stress.
- Reading can help prevent Alzheimer’s and Dementia from progressing.
- Reading can make you a better writer.
- Reading can improve your vocabulary.
- Reading can improve your focus.
- Reading can help you become a better critical thinker.
So, whether you are trying to read a certain number of books to reach this year’s goal, or you merely want to do something different with your time, it’s never too late to read more books. If you’re struggling with reading, start small. Read a page or two a day. Like any good habit, it’s important not to overwhelm yourself at first. Build momentum over time, and you’ll be reading more books before you know it.
Originally published at asmithblog.com.